Environment, Judiciary & Policing
Equality, Globalisation & Unionism
NATIONAL LIBERATION & socialism
- Only the creation of a thirty-two-county Irish socialist republic can provide the means by which Irish national liberation can be realised; subsequently, there can be no socialism without national liberation in Ireland, nor can there be national liberation without socialism.
- Socialist internationalism was best expressed in the resolution presented to the Second International at Stuttgart, supported by James Connolly in 1907. This asserted: ‘Wars between capitalist states are, as a rule, the outcome of their competition on the world market, for each state seeks not only to secure its existing markets, but also to conquer new ones. In this, the subjugation of foreign peoples and countries plays a prominent role. These wars result furthermore from the incessant race for armaments by militarism, one of the chief instruments of ruling-class rule and of the economic and political subjugation of the working class.’ The IRSP campaign in solidarity with other oppressed peoples from around the globe struggling for national liberation and socialism.
ON THE ISSUE OF ARMED STRUGGLE
- The IRSP state that there is no parliamentary road to socialism, because socialism cannot be forged by seizing the bourgeois state apparatus; nor is there a militarist road to socialism, because a social revolution requires the active participation of the masses; and therefore a socialist republic can only be established through the mass revolutionary action of the working class in the political, economic and social spheres. We do not agree with armed actions in the current climate, holding that they are counterproductive and act to prop up the structures of the failed sectarian set up. However the IRSP recognises the right of the Irish people to engage in whatever form of struggle it deems appropriate.
- It should be recognised that the IRSP stands in the tradition of the Irish revolutionary James Connolly and that the IRSP therefore is a revolutionary socialist organisation which believes that class conflict is the motivating force in human history in which the IRSP stands unreservedly and exclusively for the interests of the working class.
- The IRSP is not an abstentionist party and will decide its attitude towards the contesting of any particular election on the basis of a thorough analysis of the conditions prevailing at the time.
Republican Socialist merchandise
On-line store based in Derry, Ireland. Revolutionary books, T-Shirts, Badges, CDs etc. All proceeds go towards verifiable and bona fide Republican Socialist causes.
Click on any of the sample links below