IRSP activists in the Lower Springfield Road area of west Belfast continued with their poster campaign at aprroximately 7am this morning.
The IRSP posters make the point that only a Republican Socialist alternative can create real change in the lives of working-class people.
The IRSP posters are particularly apt in area that ranks as one of the most deprived in Ireland according to NINIS: Here
In the Lower Springfield Road/Clonard area, out of a population of 4421:
- 54.4% are economically inactive
- 49.4% o unemployed are long term unemploye
- 851 people 16-59 are claiming income support
- 1268 are claiming Housing benefit
- 73.8% have no educational/vocational qualifications
You can read in a lot more detail the dire level of deprivation in the L/Springfield / Clonard area of Belfast where IRSP activists are raising awareness of how working-class people are being continually let down by the professional politicians of the area, via this link: Here: