First they came for the IRPS
It’s interesting to watch people on the broad left cheer lead the State and social media propaganda when shutting down the far-right, ¡No pasarán! and all that.
At the same time not one word of acknowledgement or solidarity on how the same State forces are using far more extreme tactics to try and censor and shut down the IRSP.
Over the last while IRSP members have seen
- Near daily stop and searches & harassment
- Arrests & charges
- Party members homes being raided by State forces
- Party offices being raided on highly fabricated and misleading “evidence”
- All electronic devices being confiscated from party offices and party members’ homes
- Armed state forces sitting outside some party members homes & targeting them at work
- Website hacked
- Emails hacked
- Party members targeted & blocked off social media platforms
- IRSP social media pages removed
- Wide-spread & continuous black propaganda campaign in the MSM
- All data from the PSNI “task force” on the IRSP passed to the UVF
- Media censorship
- A black propaganda campaign run by Sinn Fein against the IRSP
- Free State special criminal courts
Not one word of solidarity or even acknowledgement, even after we asked Trade Unions and some other political parties of the left for meetings to discuss our situation. The Irps are the Irps, State targeting has had the absolute opposite intended impact only reaffirming our working class solidarity and tradition of resistance.
The Irps have been on the scene since 1974, faced allot harder situations head on and come out the other side. This is no different. The Irps will weather this storm, like we always do.
Food for thought for others on the Left ………………..
First they came for the Socialists, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Socialist.
Then they came for the Trade Unionists, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Trade Unionist.
Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Jew.
Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me.